Everyone falls prey to infections, even people with a strong immune machine. Infections such as cough, cold, unfastened motions, and fever, are our bodies’ natural manner of combating infections.
Most of the time, medicines are taken, as soon as we fall sick, and this stops the immune device from operating. As soon as medication enters the body, one’s immunity gadget stops operating, and remedy begins with the remedy of contamination.
To increase a sturdy immunity gadget, it’s far higher to start home treatments for commonplace colds, however, if you do not see any development or if the situation worsens after 24-forty eight hours, are searching for a doctor at once.
Natural Home Remedies for Common Infections:
1. Bananas for Diarrhea
Bananas are your go-to remedy for loose motions. As soon as you get loose motions, treating it with curd (a natural pro-biotic) and bananas are the perfect remedy.
2. Castor Oil for Joint Pain
You can use castor oil for joint pains, as it works wonders on inflammation. You can just use the microwave, set it to lukewarm and apply on affected areas.
Also, if you are feeling dryness in your nose and ears, you can put 1 drop in each ear, using a dropper. This can help ease itchiness that are due to the dryness in your nose and ears.
3. Chamomile Tea for Insomnia
Chamomile tea is most often used as a natural treatment for insomnia. Chamomile tea bags can be bought at grocery stores or natural food stores.
For maximum effectiveness, you can take this tea at least 30-45 minutes before bedtime.
4. Coconut Oil for Rashes
If you have a rash, you can apply some coconut oil. This will help immensely in healing rashes.
5. Honey and Cinnamon Mixture for Colds
Take 1 pinch of cinnamon powder and mix with 1 teaspoon honey. Take this for at least 3 times a day for 2-3 days. This mixture is use to treat coughs and cold.
It will soothe your throat too. You can also try the traditional Honey and Pepper mix.
6. Oil of Cloves for Toothache
The oil of cloves, which is also known as Eugenol is an effective pain reliever for toothaches. In particular, tooth pain that are due to temperature sensitivity.
1. Add a few drops of clove oil directly onto the painful tooth, crack or cavity for some fast relief.
Eugenol is most often available over the counter in drug stores.
7. Peppermint Oil Aromatherapy for Headache
Peppermint is a perfect natural remedy for tension headache. Here’s how to use it.
1. Dilute 3-4 drops of peppermint oil into 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
2. Apply a small amount of this mixture into your temples, when you feel a headache coming on.
3. Alternatively, you can add 3drops of peppermint oil to your warm bath, and then soak for at least 15 minutes.
8. Steam and Aromatherapy for Cough
A simple, yet effective home remedy to help moisten your throat and loosen mucus is to inhale steam.
1. Fill your bathroom sink with hot water or you can use a basin.
2. Drape a towel over your head while you lean above the basin or sink.
3. Inhale the steam for at least 5-10 minutes.
You can add 5-10 drops of essential oils to the hot water. This can help stimulate your lungs to expel phlegm. You can try using peppermint oil and thyme essential oil.
9. Warm Salt Water Gargle for Sore Throat
Gargling warm salt water is an effective way to soothe a sore throat. To do this, simply stir a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water. Gargle it every few hours. Please do not swallow it.