It incorporates 3 active compounds including vicine, polypeptide-p, and character, that makes it effective for dealing with your blood sugar stages. Those energetic compounds help your cells take in sugar molecules, thereby growing insulin secretion, stimulating the liver and muscle glycogen synthesis, and reducing glucose absorption within the frame.
But, regardless of bitter gourd being beneficial for diabetes, many people locate its sour taste unpalatably. You could nonetheless get its benefits by using mixing it with other components.
You may attempt a few sour gourd juice recipes consisting of the three recipes under, in which the flavor of bitter gourd can be made extra tolerable with the flavors of other diabetic-friendly end result and veggies.
Bitter Gourd Juice Recipes for Diabetics:
1. Bitter Gourd with Apple
2 medium-sized chopped Bitter melons
1 chopped Apple
½ cup chopped Baby spinach
½ teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
¼ cup Grapes
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Soak the chopped bitter melons in salt water for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Toss the bitter melons into the blender.
- Ad the spinach, chopped apple, and grapes.
- Give it a good spin.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1/2 lime, roasted cumin powder and pink Himalayan salt.
- Stir well before drinking.
2. Bitter Gourd with Turmeric Juice
This is another easy and fast way to make bitter gourd juice. This juice contains a strong bitter taste, but, you cannot ignore the flavor of turmeric in it.
2 Bitter gourds
½ teaspoon Salt (optional)
¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Wash and peel the bitter gourds.
- Chop and deseed into smaller pieces.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl of water, then soak the chopped bitter gourd for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the bitter gourd in a juicer, then extract the juice.
- Add the turmeric powder, lemon juice, and a pinch of Himalayan salt to the juice.
- Drink this juice once a day on an empty stomach to keep your blood sugar level under control.
3. Bitter Gourd with Cucumber Juice
This simple and easy-to-make juice is bitter and slightly sweet in taste.
2 large Bitter gourds
1 medium Cucumber
1 Green apple
½ teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Wash the bitter gourds, then peel the skin off.
- Vertically slice the bitter gourds, remove the seeds and rind with the use of a spoon or knife. Then chop the bitter gourds into small pieces.
- Soak the pieces of bitter gourd in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Or, you can add ½ teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into pieces.
- Slice the green apple into small pieces.
- Place the green apple, bitter gourd, and cucumber in a juicer to extract the juice.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon.
- Drink once daily on an empty stomach to help control your blood sugar level.