We could discover how to eat as much food as you need, but nonetheless lose weight! This is by way of following the Volumetrics weight-reduction plan.
What is the Volumetrics Diet?
The Volumetrics Diet is a plan made by nutritionist Dr. Barbara Rolls. It is focused on helping you to live a healthier lifestyle with the added benefit of weight loss along the way.
The Volumetrics Diet is based on the concept that you should focused on the volume of food that you consume on a daily basis. The idea plan is that by consuming high volumes of low-calorie foods, you will feel satisfied and full instead of feeling limited and starved because you are on the diet.
Volumetrics is all about changing your lifestyle and eating habits by helping you make healthy choices that will lead to weight loss.
What Can You Eat?
You can eat anything, but you need to pay more attention to “energy density,” which is the number of calories in a certain amount of food. Foods with high energy density have lots of calories but not much food, while foods with low energy density provide fewer calories with more volume.
As per WebMD, Dr. Barbara Rolls splits foods into four categories:
- Category 1 includes “anytime” or “free” fruits, non-starchy vegetables, including tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, and broth-based soups.
- Category 2 includes reasonable portions of whole grains, including whole-wheat pasta and brown rice, legumes, lean proteins, and low-fat dairy.
- Category 3 includes small portions of foods including desserts, pieces of bread, cheeses, fat-free baked snacks, and higher-fat meats.
- Category 4 includes sparing portions of candy, fried foods, cookies, nuts, and fats.
You’ll eat two snacks, three meals and a dessert each day.
Volumetrics diet relies heavily on foods that have lots of water in them, such as fruits and vegetables, because they fill you up without adding lots of calories. Just drinking water isn’t enough, because it satisfies your thirst but not your hunger.
Alcohol is allowed in moderation, but remember that alcohol is high in calories, and it doesn’t satisfy hunger.
Pros of Volumetric Diet
1. Volumetrics diet is a healthy approach to weight loss. It puts emphasis in a balanced diet of vegetables, fruits and whole grains. This allows you to feel full on fewer calories, and to lose weight while eating satisfying portions of healthy and nutritious foods.
2. The diet is easy to modify and flexible with different ingredients based on personal preferences.
3. The diet puts importance on exercise as a key component to healthy weight loss. It aims for 30-60 minutes of exercise daily.
4. It recommends keeping a record of what you are eating and any physical activity. Keeping a diary will help you keep track of your progress and identify any areas where you need more work.
Cons of Volumetric Diet
The Volumetrics diet plan requires lots of home-cooked meals. Some individuals may be put off by the amount of time needed to cook, keep daily records and calculate energy densities of foods.
Enjoying a diet based on foods that are low in energy density and high in water, is a great strategy to satisfy your hunger and to fill up on fewer calories. The Volumetrics plan will teach you how to make better food choices, minus the calories, without deprivation.